IBI Scientific Recombinant Proteinase K Solution contains Recombinant Proteinase K powder, originally isolated from the mold Engyodontium album, is a serine protease with broad substrate specificity and relatively high proteolytic activity. It preferentially cleaves ester and peptide bonds adjacent to the C-termini of hydrophobic, aliphatic, or aromatic amino acids.
IBI Scientific recombinant Proteinase K Powder is highly pure, determined by SDS-PAGE to be 95%.
High purity, sterility, no bio-burden and no presence of DNase, RNase, DNA, and RNA contaminants.
By using absorbance A275 as the vertical axis and different concentrations of a tyrosine as the horizontal axis the enzymatic activity was calculated to >30U/mg.
IBI Scientific recombinant Proteinase K Powder is expressed in pichia pastoris, purified and lyophilized.
Molecular Weight = 28.9 kda
Enzyme Activity = >30U/mg
DNase Assay = None Detected
RNase Assay = None Detected
Size: 5 ml
Concentration: 20 mg/ml
- -20C for up to 2 years
- 4C for up to 18 months
- Room temperature for up to 12 months
- Is best to make aliquots for multiple uses
- Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles
How this solution was Manufactured:
- 50mM Tris
- 3mM CaCl2
- 50% Glycerol
- Adjust pH to 8.0 with either HCl or NaOH
- Dissolve solids in 50% volume of Certified Nuclease Free Water (IB42100)
- QS to 95% with glycerol. pH to 8.0 using HCL or NaOH.
- QS to 100% volume with glycerol.
- Recheck pH using different meter.
- Mix well using a sterile stir bar and filter through a 0.2 micron sterile filter.
- Store buffer at 4C and let chill before preparing Proteinase K solution.
Using cold buffer, remove Proteinase K from freezer and dilute powder to 10mg,mL with buffer. Mix well using a stir bar. Filter solution through a 1.2 micron PES membrane syringe or disc filter and aseptically fill into final container. Aliquot and store at -20C.